Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Comitan, Mexico

MEXICO | Friday, 9 January 2009 | Views [786]

Comitan is only about an hour and a half from San Cristobal so a quick walk to the bus station and we were on our way. Not much is written in the guidebooks about Comitan other than that its the last stopping place before the border. We found a lovely small city with happy inhabitants who smiled and greeted us as we walked about. We were able to negotiate a great price for a room that was about half the stated tariff and the room was lovely and the baño (bathroom) had a toilet seat and a shower curtain - yipee!!  We spent two nights here and on the second day took a day trip out to see Cascada El Chiflon a lovely waterfalls about half an hour away. We walked a kilometer or so to the entrance to the reserve and then about another kilometer following a very pretty river up to the falls. They fell a long way! and over lots of cascades, we viewed them up close and got very wet. On the way back to the road we stopped a watched some locals playing soccer. It was a lovely day.

Tomorrow it's time to change country, we are quite nervous about crossing the border since we don't have any stamps in our passports...

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.