Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Milan & Lake Como, Italy

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 26 October 2023 | Views [29]

The next day was spent exploring Milan. We bought tickets allowing travel wherever whenever we wanted while we were there and pretty much looked at what important or interesting things there were and just headed for them on public transport. We saw the Basilica but the lines were so long we didn't bother going in. After Gaudi's beautiful one we didn't feel we were missing much. We decided to look for a museum of Leonardo Da Vinci and got lost sort of wandering in a circle in the end and finding it about 50 metres from where we started! lol so funny, the streets are narrow and the buildings tall so the GPS signal wouldn't work a lot of the time.

One of the public transport options was trams, many of them are very old but they are kept in beautiful condition. We had a chat to one of the drivers who was very excited that we realised how special his tram was, in a couple of years time it will be 100 years old.

Our day trip out on Lake Como was absolutely magic. An upside down Y the lake is long and surrounded by lovely scenery and homes. We were bussed there and had time for breakfast before heading out on the lake with an awesome guide. Lunch and time to explore in Bellagio, awesome food and an excellent walk around the town and surrounding lake edge, we really enjoyed this day.

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.