Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

On the road again

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 17 February 2021 | Views [348]

Last year we bought a small motor home. Since no Overseas travel will be happening in quite a while we decided we wanted to be able to explore NZ . Lots of kiwis  have had the same idea and motorhome and caravan sales have gone thru the roof. Honestly it seems like there are more travellers on the road now than when we had tourists here. I like to think the roads are now safer for bikers tho.

 Very pissed off as I just wrote a whole story here and when I saved it it threw me out and I lost it all!

And a second time! FRUSTRATING! 

On this trip the 'we' is myself and my niece, she has immigrated recently from USA and I'm taking this opportunity to  show her around her new home. We plan to be on the road about 5 weeks. Travelling mostly around the South Island. We began our trip 3 days ago by heading to Napier where we fereedom camped by the sea. We had a water issue in the mhome to sort and a local repairer was really helpful and it's all good now. A storm arrived from the north but the wind and rain although not the greatest wasn't as bad as they predicted. We stayed 2 nights then drove yesterday to Masterton where we are freedom camping at Lake Henley.

We had a problem yesterday with our house batteries which didn't charge up as we drove. things seem ok today so maybe it was the wet affecting things under the vehicle. We plan to stay and relax here today and also to go for a ride on our bicycles and then tomorrow we will head out to Castle Point for a couple of days.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.