Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Death of a friend...

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 7 June 2018 | Views [689]

With much sadness I received a call on the last Sunday in May to say that a fellow rider, friend and possibly relative had died on her bike that day.

Hiria McRae was a unique, fiesty, intelligent woman I met through riding my motorbike. She rode an Augusta and was good in the saddle but her time came before any of us were ready for it.

We her friends stayed close by from the Sunday until we rode behind to her burial on the Thursday. It was held at the Tonuhopu Marae at Ohinemutu, Rotorua, New Zealand.

It seems totally unreal that she is no longer with us. I also discovered that my neices husband had been working side by side with Hiria for the last 4 years, we didn't even have time to discover and laugh over that. I am so sad to lose this lovely woman and not to continue to have her in my life. As a McRae it is possible we are remotely related, we didn't even have time to sort out that.

For those of you who have lost friends and family my love goes out to you. Express your love to those in your life, don't hold back, they may not be there tomorrow.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.