Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Odd

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 3 August 2015 | Views [728]

I'm not really a cat person but every chance she can get our cat Molly comes and sits on me, on the couch, on the bed... I give her her biscuits now and then and she gets a stroke down her back but other than that not much TLC from me as she is Kent's cat and a bit of a witch - drawn blood on numerous occasions in her 4 years with us.

The worrying thing for me is that when I was recovering after my mastectomy everywhere I went cats came and sat on me. I regularly heard comments like 'oh that's wierd, she/he never goes near anyone, or, she/he never sits on us' - I became used to it. At some stage it stopped but now Molly has started it again, I used to call her my Healer Cat. Let's hope if there's something not right inside that she's picking up on that it's being sorted!

Kent's Ded has been in hospital and this time actually flatlined... This is a little scary, mostly for him of course - we are not ready to give up his company for quite a few years yet. Some good news is that my grandsons great grandmother was resuscitated a while ago, she is in her 90's and they broke her ribs bringing her back and she's going great.

And so my thoughts naturally turn to mortality. Cilla Black just died at 72, 72! only 12 years older than me. Imagine only living for another 12 years! Lucky we don't know the date, or maybe it would be better if we did and we would push ourselves further and harder and do more of those things we think we can't afford (dollars, time, knowledge).

Winter - I'm assuming that's the cause - makes me feel quite low and unenthusiastic. I have trouble getting any energy together, for anything. I have no drive, no desires, no goals and I can't even think of any. I am annoying myself!

On the plus side it must be spring or almost because I have just moved all the furniture around in the bedroom and had a cleanout, so maybe things are looking up???

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.