Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Friday 13th - a lucky day :)

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 13 March 2015 | Views [1826]

Today my 2nd grandson and 4th grandchild was born and I was there to witness the event. Laetitia had rung me the day before to tell me things seemed to be on their way so I raced in to work and organised things so that I could go up to Auckland immediately. Last time I had allowed work responsibilities to keep me in Rotorua and had missed getting to Spencer's birth by about half an hour. Not this time.

So I was able to spend the day and the night with Laetitia and Michael and Spencer as we waited for Darcy Gordon Gilbert to be born. Laetitia was an absolute trouper, she breathed through her contractions and when she started to say that she wanted this to stop and that she no longer wanted to be a part of it all we knew we were nearly there. Darcy was born at home at 10.45am with 2 midwives in attendance along with Michael and myself. It was amazing to see him born. He was 3.8kgs (about 8.6lbs) and 54cm long at birth.  He's a very chilled little dude at the moment, needs to be woken up to be fed. Such a cutey :)

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.