Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Puerto Vallarta

MEXICO | Saturday, 13 December 2008 | Views [1236] | Comments [2]

Another amazing sculpture

Another amazing sculpture

We were prepared not to like Puerto Vallarta as is a busy city and on the outskirts it didn´t look good. But when we got into the centre it was just great. We managed to hitch a ride all the way from Las Varas where Tito and Miguel from Las Tortugas had dropped us.

In PV we scouted out a hotel (Hotel Tulepane) for 250p which included breakfast and a swimming pool, that was amazing when all the other hotels were 400 up. Also it was right in the centre or 'romance zone'. We wandered around the centre and maliconiar'd on the malicon (promenade) which is just like La Paz has but much busier. There was always something going on and in the evenings we got to watch some dancers doing cultural dances and some children performing a christmas play.

We mistakenly got sucked into going to a timeshare presentation, which of course they said wasn't about timesharing. They promised all sorts and reneged on the lot when they found out we were from NZ (what our NZ money isn't good enough?! no apparently not), they in the end said they would give us a free tour because we went there but it looked really crappy so we left. We live and we learn...

 

Comments

1

Hi Kent,Carol
Just want so wish you both a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,Hop all is going well.
Little Bro Darren.

  Darren Dec 23, 2008 2:39 PM

2

Hi guys
just want to wish you both a merry Christmas and joyful new year. Keep safe
Love Little sis and nephews xx

  shona Dec 23, 2008 7:19 PM

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.