Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Loja, Ecuador

ECUADOR | Sunday, 28 June 2009 | Views [1576]

so that's where all the donations went...

so that's where all the donations went...

At Loja it took a few goes to find a taxi that would take the 4 of us and our packs to Diego's home, they all seemed fairly grumpy there. At last we found an intrepid individual and Kent managed to stuff 3 huge packs in the boot and took one on his knee in the front. On arrival we were given Diegos bedroom to sleep in and J&C slept in the family's small chapel on a mattress on the floor.

Diego was at work so we headed into town for a feed and to listen to a military style band play jiggy latin music in the square. Then back to the house to crash out for the night.

In the mañana Carol woke early and sat about waiting for the rest to raise an eyelid. When that finally happened we discovered Diego had gone back to work again so we headed back to town to have a better search around it. In the evening we went shopping and prepared dinner for everyone. J&C had made dinner at Patricios so it was our turn. Kent did the creating and Carol did the grunt work, while it was simmering Carol headed to the bus terminal with Diego and got tickets to Peru for the early morning. While there they met another couple coming to stay at Diegos through a site called 'Hospitality Club'. This was a new record for Diego = 6 guests at once! We all really enjoyed the dinner, Clara, who is really a vegetarian, even went back for seconds of Kents mince creation. Talked into the evening and packed ready for an early morning start and the end of our sojourn in Ecuador.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.