Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Munich and Fairytale Castle

GERMANY | Thursday, 17 August 2017 | Views [190]

I don't think I have ever been to Munich not that I can remember anyway. It's a bustling city just as nice as Berlin. It has the same honesty system in their metro station just like Berlin which is a great thing. My main reason to come to Munich was not only the cheapest way to get to Zell am See but to see the fairytale Neuschweinstein castle that I have always wanted to see ever since I was a teenager. It's just a castle right? Not sure why it was always in the back of my mind to visit it. The trip was an hour by train to Swhangau region to Fussen from Munich and I got on the train with hundreds of my fellow visitors. I had prebookoed the tour which is mandatory otherwise there is no entry on the day. Fussen is the little town where you get the bus to the castle. It is a cute town with some lovely buidlings. It was a nice place to kill time while waiting for your train. The castle was just as I imagined it. Obviously the winter wonderland snow back drop photos was not what I was going to see in the summer. The building itself was just a lovely. The tour was just under an hour and it gave me the oportunity to see inside the castle. This was just as I expected it to be for me...boring. I always find the inside of a buidling a dull experience compared to the beautiful architecture of the outside. I looked for the bridge where you could see the famous picture postcard views of the fairytale castle. I didn't realise there would be a queue to get on the bridge but there was one and it was a 30 minute wait before I stepped foot on it. The view was amazing and I thought it was worth the wait. It was just the amount of people there that were on the bridge that was annoying. There was even a steward who was ushering the people where to go and when to come back so to keep the flow of people going. I stayed for quite a while to get as many photos of my favourite castle. It was the only chance I was going to get so I kept walking up and down the bridge until I had my fill. Then it was back down the hill and on the bus back to Fussen town to wait for the train back to Munich. It was a good day.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.