Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Western Highland and Oban

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 26 August 2017 | Views [322]

It was the end of the summer and I was back in Largs. My sister was coming to visit me in Scotland and she wanted to see as much as possible in 1 day. What could I do except book us on a tour of Oban and the higlands from Glasgow. It was an early start from Largs which is small coastal town about 30 miles from Glasgow. We took the train to Glasgow and then boarded a little minibus to start our tour. We drove through the highlands and stopped off in Glencoe and Loch Lomond taking in some beautiful scenery. There were also film locatioons pointed out to us along the way...Harry Potter, James Bond Skyfall and my favourite Monty Pyhton's Holy Grail. Scotland is so beautiful which is why I bought a place 2 years ago. This meant Scotland will always be where I go back to no matter what happened. Even though it was summer it was a little chilly but luckily we had sunshine the whole day. Our last stop on the tour was Oban. A quaint port and the gateway to the isles via Calmac ferries. We had the most amazing fish and chips on the harbour and then the long ride back to Glasgow.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.