Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Corfu All to Myself

GREECE | Sunday, 22 October 2017 | Views [318]

Corfu was another island to tick off my Greek island odyssey. I went end of October which meant I was with a handful of other visitors who had the island all to ourselves. No crowds no busy towns and ports and most importantly no packed beaches. I travelled all around the island by bus and saw it all. The end of Corfu which was the most beautiful part of the island, at the cape but you had to go through the arse end of the island to get to it...Kavos. The long walk was worth it and it would have been hidden from the drunk visitors that normally invade the island. I like the hand made signs the locals made to show you where to go. I stayed outside of Corfu town in Benitses and my little bar hotel was right across the road from the ocean which was perfect for me. The buses all went through this town to go anywhere around the island. I also took a bus to Palaiokastritsa. I winding trip up the mountains with lovely sea views belows. I treked up to get to the cross at the top of the cliff. It was an arduous and slightly complicated trek but with instructions from a monk I met at the local coffee shop, I made it and then I had 20 minutes to get back down hoping not to miss the last bus back to Benitses. I also went to Kassiopi to check out the pretty little harbour town and a very underwhelming Byzantine castle. You can even see Albania from here. It isn't my favourite of the Greek islands but it was worth trip to explore this island.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.