Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Zell am See an Austrian Delight

AUSTRIA | Saturday, 5 August 2017 | Views [243]

I have been to Austria years ago but not Zell am See. A colleague had an apartment in Pissendorf near Zell am See and offered it to me for my trip. She had amazing views of the mountains from her living room. I could see para gliders circling the mountains and then landing right from the living room sofa. I had the use of her bike so it was a leisurely 7kms ride to the lake. The lake was 12kms in circumference and it was a lovely thing. Around the lake were small residential homes, holiday parks and a school. The ride around it was nice enough and you would see some lovely views at different stops along the way. The town itself had the usual Germanic flavours of some cobbled street, bustling market and evening accordian players in leiderhosens. You could trek or take the cable car up into the mountains for a feel of The Sound of Music as some of the scenes were filmed in and around this mountain region. I didn't feel the need to trek so took the cable car up to enjoy some wonderful mountain views. The weather was kind, sunshine with some windy moments. I think I would come back to Zell am See again. Maybe in the winter when it is covered in snow.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.