Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Swansea

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 25 July 2017 | Views [199]

I was a child the last time I was in Swansea. I didn't see much of it except for going from one house to another. My mum's friends lived here so she would drive from Cardiff to visit them. We never did anything fun like explore or go to the beach. I just sat at her friend's house and missed what Swansea had to offer. Later on I visited Swansea University. I didn't appreciate the distance to the ocean. This is something I developed later on in life...the love of the ocean. So I stayed in a run down old guest house on South beach as I was right across the road from the ocean. From here I walked all the way to the Mumbles about 10 kms. I'm not sure why I remember this place to be something of an aahh! moment but it wasn't anymore. It's an old pier that really hasn't had the best upkeep. Even the walk was so so. The view of the ocean wasn't really impressive as the tide was out and this happens most of the day and very early. The ocean is the ocean before 1pm and after that it's just a vast expance of wet grey sand. The blue of the oceon disappears. I was lucky to have lovely hot weather during my trip as it would have been a sodden experience without it.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.