Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Botswana 2011

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 7 August 2011 | Views [314]

We reached the Okavango Delta and the first sign we saw at the campsite was Beware of Crocodiles. Nice welcome but they failed to show up. On our bush camp in the middle of the delta was more eventful because as we slept we could hear elephants and hippos. In the morning we saw hippo poop near our make shift toilet. Let’s just say we got pretty close to the nature there. Elephants wandered across the river from our campsite, hippos swam near our mocoros (dug out canoes). It was all very exciting and fun. The dug out canoes were fun too, one false move and we ended up in the water. I daren’t move a muscle but was a little difficult when there were water spiders crawling all over the canoes. One of the girls got bitten on her boob.

We had a 1 night of luxury after bush camp which was really needed. Although we could have done with a bit more room on our cabin as it was the size of a shoe box.

Chobe National Park was great; we had the best safari yet. We saw the elephants, water lizzards, crocodiles, baboons and loads of hippos. Beautiful sunsets over the water.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.