Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

St Lucia Quickie

SAINT LUCIA | Saturday, 10 December 2022 | Views [46]

This was my second visit to this island where I travelled across the island hiking to the Pitons and staying in old style plantation hotels for a week.

 

This time it was fleeting visit. My first stop was to the central market. I headed off th ship really early and walked along the harbour. I met a couple of locals along the way but it was still in pretty quiet.  I noticed a guy in shorts behind me but thought nothing of it. Suddenly I heard a whistle from across the other side and the older gentleman gestured to me to watch out and then I realised I was alone.and the guy behind me was closer. I quickly crossed over to the otherside where the older gentleman was and waited until the man in shorts walked past. I don't know if he was about to rob me but I was grateful to the old man who helped me and it reminded me to be more wary of my surroundings.

After spending a couple of hours in the market and around town looking at the old buildings, I headed back to the ship. I didn't feel the need to spend money to see the Pitons again. Instead I spent my time talking to locals and befriending them. I met yaga who would love to be a penpal but via WhatsApp and Leo who had two boisterous dogs, Spot and Peanut. He looked after his dogs and they looked healthy too.

I spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool and watched England exit the tournament.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Saint Lucia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.