Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Antigua Baby!

ANTIGUA & BARBUDA | Friday, 9 December 2022 | Views [49]

My first visit to this island with 365 beaches and I managed to visit 3 of them in my short time. All three were beautiful and picturesque beaches albeit with the Atlantic drift. This means you may lose your shorts which I nearly did. It made up for the white sandy beach and free rum punch on offer as well as free wifi.

It's been awhile I boarded a party bus but I treated myself and for the most part had fun. I am getting old for things like this now. Too loud and too noisy.

Before the beach hopping party bus I spent the morning in Saint John. I met some locals who were friendly and welcoming.  I visited the market and the now derelict cathedral. They still had lots of wooden buildings. I also managed to find a Jamaican in Antigua.

Out of the new islands I visited I still think Grenada was the best closely followed by Antigua.  We were having so much fun we got back to the ship with 2 minutes to spare.

I need to go back and visit all the beaches!

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Antigua & Barbuda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.