Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Greneda is Great

GRENADA | Thursday, 8 December 2022 | Views [48]

I think Greneda is my favourite Caribbean island on this trip. It has the infrastructure of the Dutch Antilles but keeping its Caribbean heritage and flavour. It was easy to get around on my own. The sprawling town of Saint George was a maze of very steep roads with amazing views down to the ocean.

Fort George was nearby and I loved the Sendall tunnel. To avoid the steep roads you go through the tunnel but so do cars. The tunnel is small and narrow and also not very high but that doesn't stop bigger vehicles from using it. The cars only go one way and pedestrians can go both ways which is when the isues arise. Pedestrians having to step into oncoming cars to give way to other pedestrians. I did a return journey through the tunnel and was nervous all the way there and back. It was the quickest way to visit the Carenage harbour.

I met another stray dog and luckily I still had some fried chicken to feed him. He followed me for a while and when he had all the chicken he promptly left. 

I found the locals in and around town friendly and always wanting a conversation. I felt safe walking around. I ended my visit with a trip to Grand Anse beach which the locals say is their best beach. The waves were so strong and I nearly lost my shorts a few times. I got sunburnt again.

I took shelter at Esther's bar where I had a rum punch and ice for my face. Brazil and vs Croatia was playing and I left just as Neymar scored and by the time I got back to the ship Brazil were out of the tournament.

I went back to the Fort for more panoramic views and to go through the tunnel once more because it was so much fun.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Grenada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.