Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

St Vincent & Grenadines 2022

SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES | Tuesday, 6 December 2022 | Views [46]

My first visit to this island and my 155th country so I was excited to explore it as soon as possible.

First was a visit to Fort Charlotte up and long and winding road and in the hot sun it was a killer but the views were amazing. It used to be a women's prison. I really wanted to get to La Soufre volcano which erupted earlier this year but it was too far away. Instead I visited the botanical gardens and had view stops along the way.

We drove up and down valleys winding our way through the island and feeling a little queasy. Then we headed to where the Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed in particular Dead Man's Chest. The beach was black sand and secluded and I loved it. The film scenes and props were still there and the locals made the most of it for the tourists. We ended the trip with a couple of hours at Becoment beach. Black sand because of the volcanic island.  Some resorts get white sand from other countries which I find weird.

Then I hopped on the local ferry to Bequoa which is in the Grenadines island.  You can also sail to Mustique also part of the Grenadines but further away. At Bequao I found the nearest beach and stayed there. I got burnt again.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.