Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Dominican Republic 2019

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Thursday, 30 May 2019 | Views [279]

I arrived in Amber Cove and travelled down Malecon highway to Puerta Plata, the city in the North East of the Dominican Republic and ended the trip on Playa Dorada. The town of Puerto Plata was bright and colourful and very clean. This island is shared by 2 countries, the Dominican Republic and Haiti. The part of island I am on is rich and has great infrastrure. Although it is in the Caribbean I think it feels more like central or South America. I liked the lovely streets and buildings which were colourful and quaint. Even the public beach was close by and there is a statue of Neptune in the sea. I raced around town to see as much as possible as my tour guide who sounded like Gru from Despicable Me was funny but totally clueless as to how to run a tour. So I needed to do everything fast and get back before the group left. It was a hot day but I had fun. It's the type of thing I like doing. Then to relax I hit the beach at Playa Dorada. It's a private beach club up the coast and it was truly beautiful. I ended my trip fighting with the waves and catching some rays before heading back to Amber Cove.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.