Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Alone time in Boracay 2016

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 4 April 2016 | Views [318]

I landed in the evening. The MyBoracayGuide met me and after a long transfer and an even longer time searching for my homestay I finally arrived at Boracay. I quickly settled into my room and went shopping for supplies. Headed straight to White Beach for late sunset. The cockrels woke me at 4 am with incessant crowing. So went to the beach at 7 am but it was still busy. Explored white beach and the went back to my room for a snooze. After lunch went swimming and then went looking for street food. Found a guy selling calamari and fried chicken, bought some veg in a cafe and then had an amazing dinner. Wok up early again so went to Bolabog beach. Not as nice dirty but the kitesurfers and cool kids and locals come here. Dogs own the beach and locals drive their mopeds on the beach and sewage pipes go into the sea. Went back to White Beach and spent the rest of the day there. Next morning after the cockrel wake up call I went looking for the other beaches North of the island. Diniwid town was OK and on the way to the beach. It was very small. So walked back and headed to Puka Beach which was an hour away. After a long hot walk I finally got there. No restaurants or hotels in sight just huts and shacks selling stuff. The sea was wild and waves huge and I got wiped out several times. I cut my loses and left. A local guy saw me and gave me a lift so I saved on the walking. I headed straight to my favourite part of White Beach and hung out till the evening. The next morning I got picked up to go to the airport. Back on the trikes, then boat and then the ling bus ride to Kalibo International Airport where they took my extension cord away.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.