Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

India Oct 2006

INDIA | Wednesday, 25 October 2006 | Views [1170]

Just got back from my trip to India. You might wonder why I went back especially after the last time. Well I went to see the tigers. Apparantly there are loads of tigers in the Ranthambore National Park so off I went. Unfortunately the tigers are in massive decline. I nearly didn’t get to see even the one tiger. Talk about leaving it to the last minute. I was on the last trip out and it was the last 15 minutes before we had to leave the park or get fined. And there he was…he was huge and quite spectacular. I was so shocked to see him that I didn’t even take any photos. Basically my jaw dropped…he was magnificent and also he was only 2 feet away from me and the jeep which was a bit scary. It was only a fleeting visit and he was probably pissed off that we interupted his hunt. I’ll never forget that moment but I am quite sure that by next year there won’t any tigers there. It’s all about money in India so the Indians are happy to kill them off for any cash they can get. I always said that India would be a beautiful country if it wasn’t for the people up north.

PLEASE NOTE THE LAST 12 PHOTOS ARE NOT MINE. I BORROWED THEM FROM MY FRIEND GLEN WHO DID THIS TRIP EARLIER IN THE YEAR. I WENT TO ALL THE PLACES SHE WENT TO BUT UNFORTUNATELY WASN'T AS LUCKY AS HER.

Tags: people

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.