Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Easter 2006 LA & Oman

OMAN | Tuesday, 4 April 2006 | Views [3445]

An Omani girl with the most beautiful eyes in the Musandum Peninsula.

An Omani girl with the most beautiful eyes in the Musandum Peninsula.

I just got back from my Easter trip. What a world wind trip that was. I spent a week in LA (saw the stars, the ones on the floor not real ones - I wish!), Vegas (didn’t gamble a penny, I shopped instead) and the Grand Canyon by helicopter which was fantastic. I got one of those souvenir photos – awful photo. Of course it would be, they stood you in front of the helicopter with it’s propellors going, it was bound to be a bad hair day photo. Basically the end result was a picture of me in front of the helicopter with wild hair and an expression on my face as I’m in mid flow sentence where I’m telling the photograher to f**k off! I bought the photo anyway – it made me laugh.

I was supposed to go to Israel the second week but it was cancelled so I was put on a back up trip to Dubai and Oman. I spent most of the time in Oman on a traditional dhow fishing boat swimming, snorkeling and sleeping under the stars, occasionally being stung by alien looking jelly fish. After being stung once I decided not to venture into the sea anymore, instead I was on jelly fish watch. It turned out I wasn’t very good at it, a lot of people got stung.

One stormy night I nearly got swept away by the waves trying to get back onto the dhow via the dinghy, the tour guide absolutely crapped himself. I finally got on but the other girl hurt her leg on the propeller…ouch! That same night we got beached, we woke up sort of back to front all of us rolled up together, very funny sight…kinda looked like an orgy! I was shattered by the end of it and probably need another holiday. I went shopping quite a bit too, all the time in fact, I had to buy another bag to take all the stuff home. And I ate so much, those boat guys can cook. Well I’m home now, broke but happy as I have lots of lovely things.

Tags: misadventures

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Oman

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.