Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Scafell Pike May 2024

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 5 May 2024 | Views [99]

We're on our way to hike up Scafell Pike. First it's a 35 minutes walk to the bus stop, 30 minutes on the dodgy bus and another 30 minutes walking to the starting point. All that before even taking one step on the trail. Ffs I'm knackered already.

This is some kind of bullshit this mountain is throwing at us...loose rocks, fog, rain, green moss on those rocks that makes it super slippery and then obviously gusts of wind.

4 hours 30 minutes later...

After all the obstacles thrown at us on this hike, we made it to the summit. It got cold pretty quick so we legged it back down as the last bus was at 7.40pm. I need a holiday now to recover. That's my three peaks challenge done over a span of 10 years...better late than never.

I actually enjoyed the climb because of all the obstacles as it made it fun scrambling up loose rocks. It wasn't just a boring walk the long way up and down although the walk down was boring.

 

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.