Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

La Reunion 2023

FRANCE | Sunday, 12 March 2023 | Views [35]

My first time on the French island and it was just like France even the roads and signs. I visited St Gilles town and it's beach. Apart from two buildings that retained the wooden island architecture, the rest of the buildings were pretty modern. As with all islands there is usually only one road in and out of the main towns so there was a lot of traffic. It was a hot day and the beach was my destination. It was a small beach but lovely. I heard about the sharks and spotted the shark net. The part where people were surfing was outside the shark net which meant they were shark chum. I stayed well within the net at all times.                       

                     
The next beach visit was L'Hermitage, a resort of sorts with many shops, cafés and even my favourite Carrefour. That supermarket brings back lots of memories. I stayed a few hours swimming and sunbathing before stocking up on a few essential supplies at my favourite shop. I jumped on the bus back to the port for a last minute show with local singers and dancers.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.