Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Aruba

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES | Tuesday, 14 February 2017 | Views [291]

This is another Dutch Antilles. I spent valentine's day on this island. Aruba is called "one happy island". This island is smaller than Bonaire but has 120000 people on it. It has beautiful white sandy beaches. It has some weird rock formations in the middle of the island and nobody knows how it got there. On the northern part of the island is the California lighthouse. The south of the island is the arirok national park. The island is practically surrounded by ship wrecks from all over the world. They just lay there rotting in the sea. Those that are underwater are now a divers' paradise.  I forgot to say that my island tour was on an old school bus with natural air conditioning. We drove through some residential areas. It is expensive living on an island. We saw some social housing for those who cannot afford to live near the sea so they are built inland. They are colourful bungalows with swimming pools. Amazing. Dushi is a papiemento word meaning sweetheart. The Arubans and Bonaireans use it all the time. They also have the same wild donkeys and iguanas that they kill and make soup with. I didn't get a chance to try any nor did I want to when they said it is also a natural viagra. I really didn't feel like being horny today. After the tour we were droped off at eagle beach where I spent a couple of hours in the blue sea and getting burnt. I like Aruba.

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands Antilles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.