Existing Member?

Here, there, everywhere... A modest attempt at chronicling my around the world adventure over the next year (or so).

The Italian Job

USA | Sunday, 22 June 2008 | Views [443] | Comments [4]

After the usual joys of flying a US air carrier (btw I became a person of suspicion after using the business class restroom according to the head flight attendant-hmmm, NWA or TSA?)I made it to Italy and Florence. Mercifully Jessica met me at the train station to take one of the extra huge bags I had but not before hitting and upseting lots of Italians on the train from Rome to Florence. Jessica also brought me a sandwich and water to help quench my hunger and thirst unfortunately she could do nothing to cure my stinky, dirty person, only a shower would do. So after exchanging loving embraces and luggage I took a shower, had some late pasta and was off to bed.

Day two in Florence was hot and humid, I thought Michigan was bad. We ran some errands and I napped, a lot. Tonight we celebrate White Nights (longerst day of the year/beginning of summer) with free concerts and appertivo with friends from abroad. We will travel to Rome on Monday to get a day of sightseeing before flying to Finland. So the adventure begins in a slow, steamy and summery kind of way. More later...

Comments

1

Houdy - ENJOY your time for all of us! Keep the pictures and updates coming!

  Andi May Jun 26, 2008 2:10 PM

2

The page is Great!!! Keep us Updated and Stay Safe!! We don't need you needing that travelers insurance!!!

  Ryan French Jun 27, 2008 9:42 AM

3

Really enjoy reading what you & Jess (my niece) are doing. What a great adventure!

  Kathryn Hanzlick Jun 27, 2008 10:28 AM

4

Glad you made it safely, Michael. Business class restrooms, eh? Looks like a full summer for you 2. Enjoy and keep us in the loop.

  Roger Boyer Jun 28, 2008 5:33 AM

About houdyman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.