Existing Member?

Here, there, everywhere... A modest attempt at chronicling my around the world adventure over the next year (or so).

The Italian Job part 2

ITALY | Monday, 30 June 2008 | Views [642]

Jessica and I traveled to Roma for a few days before flying to Helsinki. The time can be summed up in three words-Hotter than Hades! 33 celsius (that is 100 degrees in the shade). We were very fortunate to see and hear the Pope's message at St Peters square (see photos). According to some tourists we talked to you, a special ticket ticekt was required to get into the seated section to hear his message from a week prior. Being the plucky (pushy, not take no for an answer) Americans we just made our way into the section to stand and found a few random empty seats. Neither of us are Catholic but still important for me, Jessica has seen two Popes now. He blessed all our family and friends back home so consider yourselves blessed! I have a little video of the Pope I shot I hope to get on line when I have more time to learn how. Also saw the classic Roman ruins around the city. I loved it and Jess loved showing me around one of her favorite cities. I also loved all the clean, cold water fountains found all over the city (nothing changes). Rome was a nice city and I think it deserves a second look during a much cooler time. Off to Finland!

About houdyman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.