Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Jersey - Channel Islands Feb 2012

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 12 February 2012 | Views [612] | Comments [1]

I had a fleeting visit to one of the Channel Islands this February only because I didn’t have the money for a full on organised trip. It was low season but it's what I wanted as there would be empty hotels, no screaming children and the places of interest would be empty. I stayed in a guesthouse near the beach, so near I just had to cross the road to get to it.

 

Although it was freezing I was able to walk on the beach when the tide was out. As this was such a short trip I tried to join a tour but as the season was low it was difficult to find a bus tour. The guesthouse owner helped me out and managed to find me a whole island tour but unfortunately it would have to be in French but the good news was it would only be £10.

 

As I had nothing better to do on a Sunday when all the shops are closed and buses not running regularly I joined a bus tour full of French people.

 

The whole trip didn’t take no more than 4 hours and we visited all the harbours and the beaches with a stop for lunch. So a very small island indeed.

 

I found Jersey to be a lot more French than Guernsey. I may be wrong but it had such a French feel to it even when I wasn’t on the bus tour full of French people.

 

A downside of not being with a tour group and in your own country is you end up shopping to kill the time. I shopped a lot and took advantage of there being no VAT to pay on the island. So even on such a short weekend away with nothing much to do I still managed to spend a heck of a lot of my money.

 

 

Comments

1

This article was very interesting. I really appreciate this article. I'm sure it will be very useful for me to investing. Thank your for your valuable information.

  jessy Mar 12, 2012 10:25 PM

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.