Existing Member?

Shazza's Escapades Light hearted look at my travel escapades

Barbados in December

BARBADOS | Saturday, 3 December 2022 | Views [45]

I really cannot remeber if I have visited Barbados or not so I had to go and explore this lovely cribbean island. Unfortunately I slept through my alarm clock and found the only tour guide at the port who had already started drinking. But for $40 it was a an affordable tour of the island with a beach stay included or so I thought.

I loved seeing where Rihanna was born and grew up. I think it was orginally called Westbury Drive but now it is called Rihanna Drive, Rihanna Street, Rihanna Avenue etc. The old house she was born in is now on airbnb. Then we went to One Sandy Lane where the rich people reside such as Rihanna and Simon Cowell. I walked on their private beach.

My favourite visit was the beach near Holetown. The water was beautiful and we were joined by sting rays as we swam. It was wonderful to be with wildlife naturally. I loved swimming with them.

Randolph was certainly memorable but for all the wrong reasons. He was drunk for a start and then was very flirty with us ladies almost chauvinistic. I wondered why the husbands didn't do anything everytime he touched the wives. Sometimes Americans are too polite too. I guess they figured they'll put upnwith it because of the cheap tour. Well it wasn't for me especially after the atm fees and rates I ended up pay nearly $50 for a drunken fool.

Thank goodness for the stingrays as nature and wildlife always wins the day and swimming with them was worth every penny.

 

 

About shaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Barbados

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.