Existing Member?

Here, there, everywhere... A modest attempt at chronicling my around the world adventure over the next year (or so).

little russia?

USA | Sunday, 17 August 2008 | Views [682]

A day bus tride to Belgrade, Serbia took us 7 hours with the intention of catching an overnight train to Bucherest the same day from Belgrade. We met a nice guy from Cour d Alene Idaho named Taylor on the bus to Belgrade. He had been living in Seattle after finishing school and was traveling the world after leaving a dot.com.

Once we got to Belgrade we foundout the train to Bucharest left at 13:55 and not in the evening, oops. That gave us about 2 hours to see Belgrade. No mater, did not need much because it looked like many otherformer communist east european states. Big buildings, new construction and reminders of their past. Probably not one of my favorite places on our journey but not terrible. We caught the hot train to Bucharest and began our 14 hour journey. We met a nice Australian couple named Matt and Kirsten, they have been traveling since March after living inLondon for two years. In three weeks they are returning to Melbourne to get married and start working. Best wishes to them! Next stop Bucharest, Romania.

About houdyman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.