Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Nothing Could Be Finer...

USA | Friday, 9 April 2021 | Views [215]

Cooper River Bridge, Charleston

Cooper River Bridge, Charleston

WE’VE HAD ENOUGH OF THE SUNSHINE STATE! This was our third snowbird winter in Florida, after all. And out here on the Panhandle, not only does a wind from the north blow cold as one would expect but so does a south wind when it flows over the chilly Gulf waters. Ya can't hardly win! We have also had enough of the “what, me worry?” mentality of Floridians when it comes to Covid. Factor in the “don’t give a crap” spring-breakers and our sampling of shoppers at Winn Dixie and Walmart shows a bit more than half wearing masks. 

n

     Ocean Keyes, North Myrtle Beach (1 of 46)

We left for North Myrtle Beach on Wednesday morning. The nice woman at Budget let us keep our nearly new KIA Soul and just gave us a new rental agreement so we didn’t even have to switch out our luggage. We decided to break up the ten-hour trip with an overnight in Jacksonville—a wise decision since Gabby, our GPS, took us on the scenic route through Charleston and along the coast instead of on the slightly-longer-but-much-quicker I-95.

n

     Not this one...

                         bb

                              Not this one, either

bb

                             Fit for a Queen—and her King, if he's a good boy

Our third-floor condo sets a new standard for AirBnB. Ocean Keyes is a huge complex—we are in Building 22 of 46—just a five-minute walk from the beach. At first we mistook one of the two guest bedrooms for the master—it was that large and had an ensuite bathroom. The master suite dwarfs the king bed and the bath has a double-sink vanity. The kitchen has everything you could possibly need. It’s disorganized but Connie will soon remedy that. The spacious living/dining area opens to a screened deck  and the giant TV has all the satellite channels.

m

         Connie is her Name—Order is her Game

We spent the morning planning meals, organizing the kitchen and stocking the pantry. The tab came to over $200 and, as usual, will have to return for forgotten items, not a problem since both Walmart and Food Lion are within 1½ miles of us along with all of the usual suspects. 

After Florida, nothing will be finer than to be in Carolina.

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.