Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Destin-y

USA | Saturday, 6 February 2021 | Views [366]

Connie's Sunrise, Cocoa Beach

Connie's Sunrise, Cocoa Beach

OUR FINAL MEMORIES OF COCOA BEACH will be of the blustery weather spawned by the storms that raked the Northeast. Only the heartiest souls were seen on the beach and the fishing deteriorated to the point that I fed the last of my bait and a small bluefish to the shorebirds. 

m

             Recycling Bait with Great Blue Heron

The weather made for some interesting sunrises for those willing to brave the morning chill—and that would include Connie who took most of these photos with her phone. Makes me wonder why I have all that expensive camera gear. 

n

    Black Skimmers sheltering

                                

                                      Black Skimmers

No, it wasn’t the weather that drove us away—I guess you could say it was our destiny. We were scheduled to leave on Friday for our newest AirBnB digs in Destin on the Emerald Coast, way out on Florida’s “panhandle.” You might recall that’s why we scheduled our Covid vaccines out here so we would be around for the second jab. 

n

           The Best AirB&B yet

This condo is by far the nicest place we’ve had yet. It isn’t as large as some others but it is tastefully furnished and has all the goodies one could want. It is nestled among the dunes right on the Gulf with wonderful views. From the balcony on this cold and misty morning it looked more like a snow scene than a beachscape. 

nn

    I know it looks like snow—but it's sand. Honest!

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.