Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Our First House Guest

USA | Tuesday, 9 February 2021 | Views [325]

Jonesing for some beach time

Jonesing for some beach time

AFTER SPENDING NEARLY A YEAR IN VARIOUS rental condos, we're having our first “sleep over.” Our 'sister' Linda—actually brother Mike’s widow—drove over from Houston to spend a few days with us. She found the chilly weather refreshing after the humidity of Texas. She even managed to grab some beach time and collect a few shells.

n

           Reunited: John, Connie and Linda

Mostly we’ve been catching up—and there is so much to catch up on. We haven’t been together since June of ’17 at Claire’s wedding in Pittsburgh—so long ago that Claire, brother Ray’s youngest chick, is about to have a chicklet of her own. And for those of you who track such things, Linda, Mike, Ray and his wife LuAnne all went to college together, making Connie and me the odd—and old—couple out.

n

        Chillin' in the chill

Linda filled us in on her kids—John’s nephews—their honeys and kids (current and expected) and her Mom. But mostly it was a trip down Memory Lane, that oft traveled street that somehow always has a new twist or turn and places unknown or un-remembered. I think we are now caught up on the present, the genealogical past and into the future. Son Brett just resigned from the Army after 15 years of service and announced that Jillian and he are expecting. Eldest son, Col. Mike, and family will soon return from their Pentagon tour to Minot AFB, ND where he hopes to finish out his Air Force career. And Mom is, understandably, proud as punch!

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.