Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Some Good News

USA | Wednesday, 20 January 2021 | Views [327]

John gets his first Covid jab

John gets his first Covid jab

THE GOOD NEWS IS WE GOT OUR FIRST Moderna Covid shots this morning. The Bad News is that we had to drive eight hours yesterday to Fort Walton Beach for the jabs and spend the night in a hotel. We will be only minutes away for Shot #2, which I guess will be Good News. The Best News—Top Shelf, A#1, Solid Gold, Totally Bitchin’ Good—is that Joe and Kamala were sworn in today. Trump is finis and the country is still more-or-less intact.

nn

          Under New Management

Our Covid shots were scheduled for just before noon—in the stairwell at Publix as it turns out. It dawned on me that we might carry the stigma of being among the last to be vaccinated during Trump’s reign. But Connie pointed out that while Washington is on Eastern Time, Fort Walton Beach, FL is in the Central Time Zone so we were among the first to receive vaccines during the Biden Administration. Whew! I would hate to be beholden to Donnie for anything.

n

                 Honoring the Dead

While a masked Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have arrived in Washington like the Lone Ranger and Tonto, they are too late to save the 400,000 who have already died of Covid and the thousands who, sadly, will die before a plan—perhaps the first real plan—to distribute the vaccines can be implemented. Bad news, indeed.

n

              A Better Future

Never-the-less, we have to believe that happier days are here again!

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.