Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Time For Cocoa

USA | Sunday, 10 January 2021 | Views [351]

Just trying to stay warm, Blue Springs State Park, FL

Just trying to stay warm, Blue Springs State Park, FL

WE’RE BACK IN COCOA BEACH AGAIN and I, for one, could use a cup of hot cocoa. I don’t expect you poor souls in Colorado, Minnesota or—gods forbid—New Jersey to feel sorry for us. It was 38° this mornig and the expected high is only 57° today. We went to see the manatees at Blue Springs State Park this morning. They were aggregated over a warm spring trying to keep warm and probably were laughing at us chuckleheads all bundled up like Nanook  of the North.

n

          One Man's Beach...

          m

                                  Is Another's Parking Lot

Other than the weather, not much has changed here since October. More of the condos are occupied yet there are fewer folks on the beach, mostly fishermen. Instead, the retirees circle up in their lawn chairs, campfire-style in the parking lot. Like they say, one man’s sand is another one’s asphalt.

nn

                 At Anchor for the Foreseeable Future

Covid has curtailed travel for most of us. And when fear of flying is combined with the perils of cruising you have a disaster for the cruise industry. If you have ever wondered where all those mega-ships have gone, several from Port of Canaveral are riding at anchor off Cocoa Beach. They have to be somewhere and I imagine it’s cheaper than “parking” at the pier. When they will sound that one long departure blast on the horn is anyone’s guess.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.