Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Somethin's Happenin' Here / What It Is Ain't Exactly Clear.

USA | Wednesday, 6 January 2021 | Views [342]

What It Is Ain't Exactly Clear

What It Is Ain't Exactly Clear

“GUESTS, LIKE FISH, BEGIN TO SMELL AFTER THREE DAYS.” Back when old Ben said that there was no refrigeration—heck, he hadn’t even done the kite in the thunderstorm thing yet. Even with refrigeration and air-con, Paul still must have found Connie and me quite ripe. We’ve been here for more than two weeks, after all, including two holidays but the nice guy in him wouldn’t allow him even to wrinkle his nose.

n

           Smells like Guests

We left Paul’s on Monday afternoon and stayed in the Drury Inn near Sky Harbor Airport to avoid any travel hassles. Our Southwest Airlines flight both left Phoenix and arrived in Orlando on time. We managed to keep our last row middle seat open, doing everything we could to keep socially distant in a hermetically sealed cylinder for four hours, masked, of course. Time will tell how successful we were.

nn

               Empty middle seats don't help if you don't wear your mask properly

After we picked up our Hertz rental we drove to Rod and Lois’s to reclaim the goodies we left with them while we were in Arizona, promising to shout them to lunch soon. Our condo at the Diplomat is a mirror-image of the one we left in November and is just across the parking lot. Like other AirB&Bs it has its pluses and minuses but at least we know the area, the beach and the stores.

mm

     What country is this?

So why do I feel like we are in Lebanon? Or Belarus? Or some Banana Republic? We all knew the Congressional confirmation of President-elect Biden and VP-elect Harris would be contentious, but that was just a bit of republican drama, right? Maybe the Dem's surprise victories in the Georgia Senate races set it in motion. Or maybe it was Trump's inciteful rally. Either way, occupying the Capitol Building is NOT something that Americans do. It’s not the same as taking over the student union at Columbia University. This is a stain on America. And the president, Trump by name, is not only ignoring it, and by doing so, condoning it, I believe he is guilty of fomenting what is nothing less than insurrection. 

mm     nn

                  OUT                                            IN

Trump, like rotting fish, stinks. Hope we can live with the smell for another two weeks.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.