Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

A Change for the Better

USA | Saturday, 7 November 2020 | Views [303]

And the Winner Is . . .

And the Winner Is . . .

JOE BIDEN HAS WON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.  It isn’t official yet—there will be more counting, recounting, legal suits, countersuits, wailing and gnashing of teeth before the results are certified—but it is a good start.  

nn

         Every Vote Counts

Americans voted in record numbers—more than 160 million votes were cast.  Trump received more votes than any previous candidate—and 7 MILLION MORE people voted for Biden than Trump!  Joe Biden, the first white vice president to serve under a black president, will be the first white president to have a black vice president.  Good luck, Kamala.  That’s the good news.

b

         Record Turnout (photo: Getty Images)

Now for the bad news.  Donald Trump will be in office for two more months.  The US has reported more than 100,000 cases of coronavirus in each of the last three days.  For four days in a row more than 1000 Americans have died from Covid-19.  The country will continue to be divided racially, politically, economically and morally.  Statistically, half of the people you pass on the street will have different views than yours.  Trump may be gone, but it will take a long time to clean up his mess.

      It's not over 'till the Fat Lady sings

The election may history but the Fat Lady has yet to sing.  

m

By The Way, I just finished Bob Woodward's "Fear—Trump in the White House."  We really dodged a bullet this time.  Thanks, Joe and Kamala!

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.