Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Just A Little Off The Top

USA | Tuesday, 19 May 2020 | Views [298]

The finished products

The finished products

TODAY WE TOOK A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE.  Maybe it wasn't the wisest thing we could do but we have already survived our visit to the dentist.  Besides, we  had our last “official” haircuts in Auckland on Valentine’s Day, more than three months ago. 

n

                      Connie gives me a trim somewhere on the road

And while Connie has trimmed my hair several times since then, I was looking more than a little shaggy. Connie also has nipped off the most offensive bits of her own hair — wisely not entrusting the task to me — but she, too, was in need of major shearing.

nn

                     Great Clips — Good Idea

With Colorado now "opened" for business, haircuts were near the top of our to-do list.  Great Clips is one of our “go-to” salons wherever in the country we happen to be.  Our iPhone model is so outdated that we weren’t able to download the Great Clips appointment ap, so we had to resort to walk-in status — knock on the door, get put on the list and return to the car until they were ready.  

nn

                 The Masked Hair Stylist

With only two stylists working, we were prepared for a long wait but to our surprise we were quickly summoned.  This would be our first close encounter with "strangers" since the lockdown and we weren't sure what to expect.  My stylist was masked, of course, and I marveled at how easily she maneuvered around my own mask.  Conversation was at a minimum, too, which must have been harder for her than for me.

bb

               Cut and Blow Dry, Please

Connie’s turn came as I was finishing up and I ran a couple of errands while she was in the chair.  The rates, even for us Seniors, have gone up during the Covid mess but we didn’t complain.  I even tipped twice what I usually do.  The stylists are doing all of us a favor even at the risk of their own health.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.