Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Delhi - New Delhi

INDIA | Sunday, 20 March 2011 | Views [583]

Destination:  India – Delhi - New Delhi – it’s shopping and eating heaven!

We arrived in Delhi on a Saturday afternoon after a very nice and comfortable 5 hour bus ride. As I said before, they do exist, at least from Jaipur to Delhi. And again, without any planning at all, we get to see yet another very important festival. This time it’s the Holi Festival. The festival is a huge celebration and people go for it by throwing water and paint/dye in different colours at each other. On the Sunday, we put on our crappiest clothes and go out to see the celebrations.  We see lots of other colourful locals and tourists.  We walk around on Saturday and Sunday just to realize that everything is closed and the people working aren’t that happy. Yeah, we get it, the party is pumping out there.

We are in a really great hotel and prepared for everything we heard about Delhi. The bad weather, traffic, noise, pollution… Well, so much for expectations… The weather was perfect, the traffic, noise, pollution were not bad at all for such a big city. We find ourselves having a really great time. Mr Hopkins gets us our usual trip to McDonald’s/KFC, where we meet all the other foreigners in town, some saying out loud “it smells like home”. The shopping and the food in Delhi are really amazing, so we end up eating and shopping, and, if we had taken any photos at all in 4 days, you guys could have seen us eating or shopping.  Mr Hopkins learns very quickly how to navigate the Metro system, and away we go, for more shopping and eating, train after train. After 4 days of, not sure if I’ve mentioned it, shopping and eating, we are off to Agra.

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.