Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Uttar Pradesh - Agra

INDIA | Thursday, 24 March 2011 | Views [977]

Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal

Destination:  India – Uttar Pradesh – Agra – of course you have to see the Taj Mahal!

We take a midmorning train from Delhi to Agra. Nice, easy and quick ride. Get to Agra in the afternoon and checked into the Tourist Rest House. Kind of a hostel with very helpful staff (no worries chicken curry is the word) and the more expensive rooms are quite OK. We decide to splurge a bit and go for lunch/dinner at the “Pinch of Spices restaurant. The food is really awesome and the place, service, portion size, just add to the experience. Off to sleep on a tummy full of butter chicken and lamb rogan josh.

The next morning we wake up early to get to the Taj Mahal before the crowds and buses take over the place. We got plenty of pics of the Taj Mahal, so you can take a peek for yourself. It’s really a fantastic building with a romantic love story to go with it.  After the Taj Mahal, we go to visit the Red Fort, again, awesome construction in very good condition, with pics for you guys to enjoy. In the evening we take the train to Varanasi, but that’s another story.    

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.