Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Denver—Baseball, Pride and Shame

USA | Sunday, 25 June 2023 | Views [90]

Ohtani at the Bat

Ohtani at the Bat

I TOOK HER OUT TO THE BALL GAME. I took her out with the crowd! But we were detoured by Sunday’s Pride Parade—seemed like half of Denver was out in support—and didn’t arrive until the final strains of the “H-O-M-E-ofthe-BRAVE!”

n

         ♫Take me out the the Ball Game♫

n

             ♫Take me out with the Crowd♫

b

                   🏳️‍🌈We were detoured by the Gay Pride Parade🏳️‍🌈

The Angels were in town to play our cellar-dweller Rockies. We didn’t expect Colorado to win after their 25-1 loss on Saturday. We came to see All-Star, MVP and future Hall-of-Famer, Shohei Ohtani. Not only is Ohtani a starting pitcher for the Angels, he has a .300 batting average and leads the Major Leagues with 24 home runs.

n

                Our seats at a Mile High + one foot, Coors Field

m

                 Ohtani safely at third base with a triple

m

                       Destined for Cooperstown

Our seats were perfect—in the Upper Deck shade behind home plate, just a row in back of the purple Mile-High seats. No home-runs for Shohei but he did hit a single and a triple. And the Rockies held on to a 4-2 lead for the win!

n

               Life on the streets of Denver

The only damper on the day was walking from our free-parking on Welton Street through the dilapidated tents, make-shift shelters and piled possessions of Denver’s homeless. There is something wrong when some people live in hovels while around the corner other people pay hundreds of dollars to watch Millionaires play baseball. It seems like a problem without a humane solution. And Denver is not alone.

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.