Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Spring Times Three

USA | Saturday, 20 May 2023 | Views [96]

Colorado Cherry Blossoms along Cherry Creek

Colorado Cherry Blossoms along Cherry Creek

THIS IS OUR THIRD “SPRING BREAK” OF ‘23—or, if you prefer, our 3rd  chance to see Spring breaking. The first was back in March when almond blossoms popped their buds and bright flowers dotted the meadows of Sicily. 

n

               Spring One—Sicily

  Daffodils and tulips and fields of yellow rapeseed flowers brightened gloomy April days in Scotland and Wales and the trees grew greener with each day of our “second” Spring. Even in such high latitude—Glasgow is about the same as Sitka—seasons in the UK are ahead of those in the US thanks to the warming of the Gulf Stream. Enjoy it while it lasts!

n

            Spring Two—Scotland

  Spring in Colorado is a state of mind rather than an actual season. We often joke that Colorado has all four seasons—sometimes in the same day. While the Rockies remain covered in snow, trees here in Denver have taken on that warm greenish-yellow glow seen only in spring. Even four inches of pea-size hail didn’t daunt the meadow flowers.

n

                 Some may call this Spring—Colorado hail

  Connie has resumed her 6-mile morning walks along nearby Cherry Creek trail, often with an umbrella and always with her binoculars. The rains have left the South Platte too turbid for John to consider fishing but ever hopeful, he has already gotten his fishing license.

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.