Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

It's A Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood

USA | Wednesday, 24 May 2023 | Views [94]

Pike's Peak—the Big Kid on the Block

Pike's Peak—the Big Kid on the Block

WE HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO MEET SOME OF our neighbors here in Colorado. A wiley coyote patrols the meadow behind our AirBnB (the same one we rented last year) and a great horned owl has claimed a lookout in a nearby cottonwood. And above us all towers the "Purple Mountains Majesty of Pike's Peak.

n

                 The neighborhood Bad Boy

nn

         Every neigborhood has a Wise Guy

            nn

                         Swainson's Hawk

 n

              Black-headed Grosbeak

Connie has counted more than 40 bird species on her morning hikes, most notably the Black-headed Grosbeak, Swainson’s Hawk and American Goldfinch among the more common and lackluster.

b

               Membership has its Privileges 

n

                Lilacs in Bloom

n                                       

                           Yellow Iris

n

            Japanese Garden, perfect for meditation

The Nature Conservancy hosted a “do” at the Denver Botanic Garden recently and as Legacy Members, we received invites. We arrived early enough to wander in the Garden, a regular pastime when we actually lived in Colorado. It’s still too early in the season to see the place in its summer glory but the lilacs and irises were out in force. Even without the Weeping Willow (which went down in a storm 20+ years ago) the Japanese Garden is still my favorite spot.

 

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.