Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Final Exams

MEXICO | Thursday, 2 September 2021 | Views [197]

That's a Negative, Over

That's a Negative, Over

I COULD TELL BY THE PARADIDDLE OF STAMPING feet that Connie was having her nose swabbed for the Covid test. The administrator admonished her for squinching up her face on the first try and it was only a tantrum-like stomping that got her through. Well, we each passed our examination—even without studying—and are now free both to fly from Cancun tomorrow and board the Carnival Horizon on Saturday.

bb

              Down to Our Last Pesos

As is usual for us we have worked expenses out down to our last peso. After paying 500 each for the test we reserved 300 for lunch at Joe’s Burger Underground (we said we'd be back!), 500 more for cabfare to Cancun, and whatever is left as probino for the women who cleaned our room and served breakfast. Dinner and anything else will have to be put on the Visa card until we arrive in Miami. We decided to spend the night near the Cancun Airport rather than rush from Puerto Morelos in the morning. The Fairfield Suites doesn’t cost much more than the Amar Inn and we will do most anything to avoid the stress of rushing to make a flight in the morning, especially when it can easily be avoided?

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.