Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Alternate Anniversary Plan B

USA | Sunday, 25 April 2021 | Views [272]

Happy Anniversary, Oyster Rock Waterfront Seafood

Happy Anniversary, Oyster Rock Waterfront Seafood

WE HAD PLANNED A SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY DINNER for Saturday. Twenty-seven years is worthy of celebration, after all, and Myrtle Beach has a plethora of fine dining. With the social-distanced seating restrictions, the only table we could book at the Cork and Barrel was outside, which would have been wonderful if the weather stayed nice. 

nn

        Discression is the Better Part of . . . a Happy Marriage

It didn’t. Even though the forecast thunderstorms never developed, we worried that the strong winds and threat of rain would have made dining outside a poor bet. We elected to cancel and and look elsewhere. By then, of course, there was no place appealing with last minute reservations available in MB so we went to Plan B and pushed the celebration back to Sunday.

n

          Oyster Rock Waterfront Seafood, Calabash NC

                  n

                                Southern Charm

We had seen several enticing billboards for Oyster Rock Waterfront Seafood on the way home from Virginia. Their website had nice photos, great reviews, an interesting menu and—ta da—an inside table available at 5:30. Oyster Rock isn’t exactly in Myrtle Beach. It isn’t even in South Carolina—but just across the NC border in Calabash, only a 20-minute drive. The restaurant exceeded our expectations. The maitre d’ seated us at a corner table overlooking the local shrimp boats and where we could watch the pelicans and gulls while we toasted our time together.

n

           Hard to Choose, Easy to Enjoy

n

         Oysters are ALWAYS in Season

The food was as good as the view. Connie locked on to her choices right away—clam chowder and mahimahi tacos. John was tempted by each of the specials but eventually settled on a half-dozen oysters and pan-seared scallops with lemongrass risotto. This was our first indoor restaurant meal since New Zealand but—as good as the food was—it's the company that matters most. Here's to many more anniversaries with my Honey!

n

             #26 Postponed Due to Covid

This year was more than a few steps up from last year’s take-away order from PF Chang.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.