Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Ten Years Later

USA | Saturday, 24 April 2021 | Views [211]

The Whole, Wide World  (I lied. Photo from Internet, not Virginia)

The Whole, Wide World (I lied. Photo from Internet, not Virginia)

TEN YEARS AGO TODAY WE LOCKED THE DOORS for the last time and set off to see the whole, wide world. The sale of the house was “under contract” in realtor-speak and most of our worldly possessions—everything that wouldn’t fit in our luggage—had been sold on Craigslist. We had our passports and cruise tickets from Galveston to Barcelona on Royal Caribbean’s Voyager of the Seas. We would sell the car would as soon as we reached Houston. 

m   

   Downsizing All the Way

           n

               With Help From Craigslist

So began a decade of continuous travel. Oh, we had taken trips before, some as long as a year. But this wasn’t a holiday jaunt, rather a life-style change. In the last ten years we have visited more than 140 countries on all seven continents. We have posted nearly 1100 stories in the “Vagabonds Saga” on these pages with some 10,000 photos. Except for the last Covid-imposed year and three years as full-time RVers, all of our travels have been outside of the US—and we are chomping ay the bit to get going again!

  THE VAGABONDS SAGA—Where We've Been

n

journals.worldnomads.com/vagabonds (2011-13) journals.worldnomads.com/vagabondstoo (2013-15) journals.worldnomads.com/vagabonds3 (2015-19)

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.