Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Itz Not the Ritz

USA | Monday, 8 March 2021 | Views [283]

That's us in B30, Panama City Beach

That's us in B30, Panama City Beach

WE ROLLED INTO TOWN JUST AFTER NOON yesterday and checked in at the Costa Inn.   Its major draw is that it had rooms available.  It also has secure parking and . . .

Wait a just cotton-pickin’ minute! That was back in 2008 in Panama City, Panama—the one with the canal. This is Panama City Beach, FL today.

nn

  Morning Fog—again!

                            n

                                A Ghostly Apparition 

                                               nn

                                                       Blowing a Gale

So, as I was saying . . . We rolled into town just after noon yesterday and checked in at our AirBnB in Panama City Beach. The condo in Destin may be the best place we have ever stayed but we left without regrets. Destin’s weather was truly disappointing; morning fog, cold rain, blustery wind and even when the sun was out, it was cold. Yeah, we know—the weather sucked everywhere—but this is the Emerald Coast in the Sunshine State.  

                                               n

                                                    Fit for a Potato

                            n

                                 Just Like Julia's

 This one is just right

From the outside the first-floor walk-up resembles a New York tenament from the early 1900s, but for less than two grand for the month, we can hardly complain. We really never used the second bedroom, anyway, except for storage. We can see the Gulf from the patio deck, beach access is just across the street and it’s less than a five-minute walk to the Winn-Dixie. The kitchen is functional, the wifi is strong and we have the full compliment of cable channels. 

Most promising, the forecast for the next ten days is sunny in the 70s. Fingers crossed!

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.