Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go

USA | Friday, 18 September 2020 | Views [202]

Out with the Old, In with the New

Out with the Old, In with the New

OUR RENEWED PASSPORTS FINALLY ARRIVED, three months after we applied for them.  They are so much thinner—the Jenny Craig version—and so much more pristine than the old ones, whose pages are filled and whose logos are nearly worn off from the hands of a hundred immigration officials and countless hotel clerks.  We felt so naked and trapped without them.  Now that we have them back, it’s as if we’re all dressed up with nowhere to go.

n

     All Dressed Up . . . (2011 version)

That isn’t exactly true, but our upcoming trip won’t require passports.  After six months in Colorado we will be leaving for Florida on the First of October.  We had considered renting a car and driving but with drop-off fees and hotels on route, flying is not only cheaper, it feels safer.  I guess you pays your money and takes your chances.  Anyway, we have a two-bedroom condo in Cocoa Beach until Halloween, courtesy of the folks at AirB&B.  

nn

         Older but no Wiser

Making plans in these Dark Times is probably not wise.  (See “Man Plans and God Laughs” earlier in these entries.)  But then, no one has ever mistaken me for Solomon.  “Too soon old, too late smart” is more my style, which explains why we’ve committed to another condo in Fort Myers Beach from November until mid-December and are planning to spend the holidays in Arizona with our friend Paul.  I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

bb

Did I just hear a heavenly chuckle?

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.