Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

It's Too Soon, Methinks *

USA | Monday, 27 April 2020 | Views [277]

O Say Can You See — What's Gonna Happen Next?

O Say Can You See — What's Gonna Happen Next?

AS U.S COVID-19 CASES APPROACH ONE MILLION with more than 55,000 fatalities, Colorado is one of the first states to relax its stay-at-home restrictions.  Initially things won’t seem much different with “Safer-At-Home” than they did with “Stay-At-Home” — what difference can a single word make, after all.  Still, many experts believe that it is too soon for any relaxation of quarantine restrictions.

nn

       Leadership returns to Number 10 Downing

Boris is back on duty in the UK but the lack of leadership in this country is alarming. Trump is so busy covering his own ass that he has forgotten he is supposed to be taking care of our asses. Many Americans continue to drink Trump's Kool-Aid® but they should never, never chase it with Chlorox!®

n

             Our Biggest Problem isn't Covid

New Zealand, whose quarantine seemed draconian when they “encouraged” us to go home, claims to have avoided the worst scenarios for an outbreak and pledges to hunt down the few remaining cases.  I guess it’s easier for a sparsely populated island country. But Hokkaido, the northernmost of Japan’s major islands, has had to reinstate Covid-19 restrictions in the face of a second wave of the virus.

            bb           n

                                  New Zealand may have Covid-19 on the run...

                         ...but not so much in Japan

Americans, a cantankerous bunch at best, often prefer personal liberty at the expense of the common good.  Gun control, universal healthcare, clean air, equatable taxation — and now, Covid restrictions — are all considered affronts to individual freedom, not as issues that affect the lives of everyone.

m

                     My Body, My Choice . . . and Screw Everyone Else

And I fear that all will soon return to haunt us.

      * All photos pirated from the Internet

ADDENDUM  It's just 3 weeks later and EVERY state has re-opened for business to some extent.  Covid-19 deaths have already topped 100,000 and I fear that the lessening of restrictions can only accelerate the rate of infections — and the number of deaths.  Where this will end is anyone's guess.

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.