Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Turkey - Patara and Fethiye

TURKEY | Wednesday, 18 August 2010 | Views [1360]

After chatting with the hotel manager, we decided to go to Patara, “the best beach in Turkey and one of the best in the world” (yeah, right! So is my arse!). Anyway, the water is nice and blue, perfect temperature, but the sand is grey and boiling hot, no shade, you gotta hire umbrellas and beach lounges and hide your behind from the scorcher. We relaxed and ate well, got some wine (most bottles here are a litre, what a nice touch, gotta love Turkey).

From Patara we went to Fetiye, nice long beach, a bit cooler than Patara, lots of nice restaurants and little shops and millions of English tourists. Yeah, it’s pommie territory, you can even get bacon - in a Muslim country, God save the Queen! We chilled there for a week and took a nice day trip to Oludeniz, REALLY nice beach and national park with a lake (gotta pay to get to the nice part of the beach), the water is an amazing shade of blue, but, the sand (what sand?) white pebbles. Ok, your feet hurt but the views are awesome. Again nice restaurants and resorts, really worth the trip.

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.